Key Features and Benefits
Resusci® Junior QCPR features:
- Features Bluetooth Low Energy technology to enable several options for real-time CPR performance feedback:
- Pair mobile devices using the free QCPR Learner app (iOS and Android) or QCPR Instructor app (iOS only)
- Use SkillGuide with Extension Cable (wired) or SimPad PLUS with SkillReporter (wired or wireless)
- Includes the following CPR training features:
- Head tilt/chin lift
- Jaw thrust
- Visible chest rise when ventilated
- Realistic chest compression resistance
- Disposable airway system with non-rebreathing valve
- Removable and reusable faces
- Anatomical landmarks, including ribs, xiphoid process, Adam's apple, and navel
- Articulating arms
- Natural obstruction of the airway
- Occluded airway with hyperextension
- Carotid pulse simulation
Resusci® Junior QCPR benefits:
- Enables practice of high-quality child CPR with multiple options for measuring performance -- wired or wireless with optional add-on devices, or wireless with free mobile apps
- Head tilt/chin lift and jaw thrust open airway for practicing ventilations
- Disposable airway system with non-rebreathing valve and individual-use faces eliminate the risk of cross-contamination and the need to sanitize manikins after use
- Airway can be easily manipulated to simulate airway obstruction or choking situations
- Occluded airway with hyperextension stresses proper head position
- Articulating arms allow realistic handling of a child during obstructed airway maneuvers
- Bilateral carotid pulse simulation allows students to realistically check for pulse
- Accurate resistance allows for more realistic practice of chest compressions
- Lifelike size and anatomy of a 5-year-old child help students learn realistic victim-handling skills
- Durable and portable
- Resusci® Junior QCPR Training Manikin
- Soft carry case with integrated knee padding
- Pulse bulb
- Set of clothing (jacket & shorts)
- 4 replacement manikin faces
- 3 replacement airways
- 18 manikin wipes
- 4 AA batteries
- USB-C to USB-A cable and power adapter
- Instructions for use
Dimensions and Specifications
Measures 44" x 16" x 10"
Weight: 28 lb
Additional Supplies Needed for Operation
Real-time CPR feedback requires SkillGuide with Extension Cable or SimPad PLUS with SkillReporter (sold separately, see below), or free QCPR Learner or Instructor mobile apps, available on the Apple app store (iOS) or Google Play (Android).
Accessories and Replacement Supplies
Resusci® Junior/Little Junior Replacement Faces (Light Skin) (item no. EC183010)
Resusci® Junior/Little Junior Airways (Package of 25) (item no. EC183210)
Resusci® Junior/Little Junior Airways (Package of 100) (item no. EC183211)
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How many airways do I need per class?
A: You will need one airway per manikin per class session. The disposable non-rebreathing airways are suitable for use by more than one student during a single class, and are quick and easy to change after each training session.
Q: Can the Learner and Instructor apps be used at the same time?
A: Only one device can be paired via Bluetooth with the manikin at a time. If the instructor wishes to monitor multiple students' performance via an iOS device, the Instructor app can be paired with the manikin while the students use the wired SkillGuide with Extension Cable for real-time feedback.
Q: How does SimPad PLUS with SkillReporter connect to the manikin?
A: SimPad PLUS with SkillReporter can be connected wirelessly via Bluetooth or by using its USB cable. Only one device can be connected via Bluetooth to the manikin at a time. If the instructor wishes to monitor multiple manikins with SimPad PLUS with SkillReporter, students can use the wired SkillGuide with Extension Cable to monitor their own performance at the same time.
Q: What kind of cleaning/sanitation is required?
A: Routine disinfection of the entire manikin is not required, but regular cleaning of the head, torso, chest skin, and kneeling mat is recommended. These should be washed with a warm soapy solution, then rinsed with a clean damp cloth. Always follow manufacturer's cleaning recommendations.
Q: How many faces do I need per class?
A: Each student participating in the class should have his or her own face. After class, faces should be cleaned and sanitized following the directions in the user manual. After cleaning and sanitizing, the faces can be used by students in the next class.