This course is designed to prepare students to provide CPR and automated external defibrillator (AED) use in a safe, timely, and effective manner. Heartsaver courses are intended for anyone with little or no medical training who needs a course completion card for job, regulatory (e.g., OSHA), or other requirements. These courses can also be taken by anyone who wants to be prepared for an emergency in any setting.
After successfully completing this course, students should be able to:
- describe how high-quality CPR improves survival
- explain the concepts of the Chain of Survival
- recognize when someone needs CPR
- perform high-quality CPR for an adult alone or as a team member during multi-rescuer CPR (child and infant CPR modules are optional)
- give effective breaths using mouth-to-mouth or a barrier device for all age groups
- demonstrate how to use an AED on an adult (child and infant AED modules are optional)
- describe when and how to help a choking adult or child (infant choking module is optional).
Upon successful completion of the course, including a CPR and AED skills test, students receive a Heartsaver CPR AED course completion card that is valid for two years.
Key Features and Benefits
This workbook contains all the information students need to successfully complete the Heartsaver® CPR AED course, and is also ideal for use as a reference tool before and after the course.
Each student must have his or her own copy of the workbook.
Dimensions and Specifications
Each workbook is 8 1/2" x 11", 72 pages, and includes one each of two reference cards:
- adult CPR AED reminder card, 7 panels, 2 7/8" x 3 3/4" (folded)
- child and infant CPR AED reminder card, 8 panels, 2 7/8" x 3 3/4" (folded)
Full-color, softcover book, shrink wrapped
Additional Supplies Needed for Operation
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is it possible to buy a single copy of this workbook?
A: Yes. For a single copy of the Heartsaver® CPR AED Student Workbook, look for item no. EC15-1020.
Q: Are the reminder cards available separately?
A: No, the reminder cards are only available with the workbook.