Key Features and Benefits
This student manual for the Instructor-led, classroom-based PALS course is an essential resource for training physicians, nurses, and emergency medical care providers in PALS. Also useful as a pre- and post-course reference book. Based on the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for CPR and ECC.
The classroom- and video-based, Instructor-led PALS course uses a series of simulated pediatric emergencies to reinforce the important concepts of a systematic approach to pediatric assessment, basic life support, PALS treatment algorithms, effective resuscitation, and team dynamics. The goal of the PALS course is to improve the quality of care provided to seriously ill or injured children, resulting in improved outcomes. Manual includes information on:
- pediatric emergencies
- concepts of a systematic approach to pediatric assessment
- PALS treatment algorithms
- effective resuscitation
- team dynamics.
Eligibility for continuing education credit:
- emergency medical services -- This continuing education activity is approved by American Heart Association, an organization accredited by the Continuing Education Coordinating Board for Emergency Medical Services (CECBEMS), as follows:
- PALS course (with all optional lessons), ECC Training Centers: 14.25 Advanced CEHs, activity number 11-AMHA-F2-0135
- PALS update course (with optional lessons 4, 5, and 6), ECC Training Centers: 8.25 Advanced CEHs, activity number 11-AMHA-F2-0137
- PALS update course (without optional lessons), ECC Training Centers: 6.25 Advanced CEHs, activity number 11-AMHA-F2-0136.
Dimensions and Specifications
8 1/2" x 11"
292 pages, plus a sheet of tab labels
Comes with 1 copy each of 2 reference tools:
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Pocket Reference Card, 4" x 6 1/2" (item no. 90-1053)
- PALS Precourse Preparation Checklist Card, 4" x 6 1/2"
Full-color, softcover book
Includes a code to access the PALS student Web site with additional information and reference materials
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Are the Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Pocket Reference Card and PALS Precourse Preparation Checklist Card available separately?
A: The Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Pocket Reference Card is available separately as item no. EC90-1053. The PALS Precourse Preparation Checklist Card is only available with the purchase of the provider manual.