Key Features and Benefits
This Web-based, self-paced instructional program uses eSimulation technology to allow students to assess and treat patients in virtual healthcare settings following the ACLS algorithms. In this environment, students apply their knowledge to real-time decision-making and skills development. Debriefings and coaching are provided immediately after each simulation to facilitate learning about basic and advanced life support. A convenient alternative for taking the ACLS course, this online course allows students to train at their own pace and on their own schedule. This course is based on the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for CPR and ECC.
This course may be used for initial or renewal certification, and includes information on:
- the importance of continuous, high-quality CPR
- team dynamics and communication
- immediate post-cardiac-arrest care
- airway management
- related pharmacology
- eSimulation technology presenting 10 interactive hospital-based patient scenarios:
- 1 BLS case
- 7 cases representing cardiovascular, respiratory, and stroke emergencies
- 2 Megacodes
- a video summary of critical concepts for each patient scenario
- a team dynamics lesson that reinforces critical concepts for communication and effectiveness
- emphasis on effective code team leader skills
- access to online versions of:
- the Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Provider Manual
(item no. EC90-1014)
- the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines For CPR And ECC
(item no. EC90-1040)
- the 2010 Handbook Of Emergency Cardiovascular Care For Healthcare Providers (item no. EC90-1000)
- a precourse self-assessment that gauges students' knowledge and application of ECG recognition and pharmacology
- debriefing and coaching immediately after each simulation, with hyperlinks to the referenced section of the Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Provider Manual
- a written exam that immediately identifies incorrect answers and provides a hyperlink to the appropriate section of the Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Provider Manual
- eligibility for continuing education credit
- physicians -- American Heart Association designates this enduring material for a maximum of 9.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
- physician assistants -- AAPA accepts Category I credit from AOACCME, Prescribed credit from AAFP, and AMA PRA Category 1 Credit from organizations accredited by ACCME
- nurses -- American Heart Association is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation. The maximum number of hours awarded for this CE activity is 9.75 contact hours.
- pharmacists -- American Heart Association is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education. ACPE Credit: 10.00 Contact Hours or 1.000 CEUs. Universal Program Number: 0256-0000-11-647-H01-P
- emergency medical services -- This continuing education activity is approved by American Heart Association, an organization accredited by the Continuing Education Coordinating Board for Emergency Medical Services (CECBEMS), for 10.25 Advanced CEHs, activity number 11-AMHA-F3-0123
Includes access to all information in the online course for 24 months following activation of the course key.
Course participants who successfully complete Part 1 (including the written exam) receive access to a printable certificate granting them entrance to a skills practice session (Part 2) and skills test (Part 3) with a certified American Heart Association ACLS Instructor, which they must pass to qualify for an Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) course card. Parts 2 and 3 should be completed in one skills practice and testing session.
Please include an e-mail address when ordering. The access key and instructions on how to log in and register for the course will be e-mailed to you, usually within 1 business day. NOTE: You must purchase one online access key for each student trained. Parts 2 and 3 are not included in the price of this item. This product is not eligible for the standard 30-day return policy.
Dimensions and Specifications
PC and Mac® compatible
Additional Supplies Needed for Operation
Computer with Internet access
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Does this course include access to the Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Provider Manual?
A: Yes, this course includes online access to the Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) Provider Manual (item no. EC90-1014), the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines For CPR And ECC (item no. EC90-1040), and the 2010 Handbook Of Emergency Cardiovascular Care For Healthcare Providers (item no. EC90-1000).
Q: How long can students access the information in this online course?
A: Once a student activates his or her course key, the student can access the course information for 24 months.