Key Features and Benefits
This Web-based, self-directed course uses case-based scenarios and interactive lessons to teach students the content of the Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers course. A convenient alternative for BLS training, this online course allows students to train at their own pace and on their own schedule. This course is based on the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for CPR and ECC.
This course may be used for initial or renewal certification, and includes information on:
- single-rescuer and team basic life support skills for application in both in- hospital and out-of-hospital settings
- emergency recognition
- adult, child, and infant rescue techniques
- high-quality CPR
- AED use
- relief of choking
- 5 interactive exercises, scenarios, and a written exam
- audio and video
- settings to turn on and off video autoplay
- a "drag and drop" tool that reinforces steps and sequences
- a tool for taking and referencing notes
- a progress bar at top of course screen and check-mark icons next to each exercise that indicate progress through the course
- navigation controls that allow user to move easily through content, including accordion-style content navigation for less scrolling
- screen and text-sized options to help meet diverse learning needs
Downloadable content includes:
- BLS For Healthcare Providers Pocket Reference Card
- adult/pediatric algorithms
- a summary of steps
- 1-2 rescuer adult BLS (with AED) skills testing sheet
- 1-2 rescuer infant BLS skills testing sheet
Includes online access to the Basic Life Support (BLS) For Healthcare Providers Student Manual, and access to all information in the online course for 24 months following activation of the course key.
Course participants who successfully complete Part 1 (including the written exam) receive access to a printable certificate granting them entrance to a skills practice session (Part 2) and skills test (Part 3) with a certified American Heart Association Instructor, which they must pass to qualify for a Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers course card. Parts 2 and 3 should be completed in one skills practice and testing session.
Please include an e-mail address when ordering. The access key and instructions on how to log in and register for the course will be e-mailed to you, usually within 1 business day. NOTE: You must purchase one online access key for each student trained. Parts 2 and 3 are not included in the price of this item. This product is not eligible for the standard 30-day return policy.
Dimensions and Specifications
PC and Mac® compatible
Additional Supplies Needed for Operation
Computer with Internet access
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How long can students access the information in this online course?
A: Once a student activates his or her course key, the student can access the course information for 24 months.